lighted visor(outside) 5 lights total only 2 work? and all good bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok guys I got a lund lighted moonvisor for my 88 and the Po said he only had 2 lights work too, and it's the same way now, I checked all the bubls and found only one good one so I replaced them all, now these have a piggie back wiring, basically 4 wires to each bubls, 2 hots and 2 ground, 2 going into the bulb as feeds and 2 going out to feed the next. The wiring starts on the first DS outermost bulb, then jumps to the inner DS, center, PS, inner, PS outer only has 2 wires to it I think.

I've tried every possible wiring combinations, and only get the two inner ones to light, the outer one and very center doesn't.

When I got it there were 3 wires cut on the outermost DS, and one wire cut in one of the middle lights, now I'm guessing one for the middle ties into the outer to supply and continue to circuit, and the other 2 outers, ones hot ones ground. They'll work wither either wire hot or grounded as long as both wires are hooked up. Thing is if you try the middle wire on the wrong outer one it'll smoke and shoot sparks at the battery, and the wire smokes. So I'm guessing when I get the 2 inners to work that must be the correct hot ground and middle config, but why would only those 2 work and not the rest? maybe bad bubl sockets? I tried to jiggle the wires on back and got nothing, also tried to touch the middle to the ground or hot while the inners were on and got basically nothing except for a spark when it was on the hot I guess.

Another thing I noticed is the PS the wires jump from like the back of the bubl to the front of the next, but then in the middle they switch and go from like back of one to back of the next and so on. I aint posative on which way they go or what's what.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the truck can stick it up it's A$$ cuz it's staying LOL. It'll just have to get over it.

It don't have to work, wife doesn't like the lights anyways but the way I see it why not since they are there, make em work. Plus it's an excuse to work on the truck.

Aint no way I'm gonna take it off when I just bought it, stripped it, and painted it, then drilled the holes and bought the bolts, then bolted it on.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice man bet that was a relief, any pics of it lit up?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not yet man, I painted the lens black so they might not show up good. I'll have to get some pics up maybe by the weekend or something since I need to wash the truck.