Light surging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Finally got my 98 runnin. Fouled plugs, bad cap, bad rotor... Long list. It has a slight bounce in idle. Would this be from the cam/crank sensors needing relaerned? I sprayed the intake with brake cleaner while runnin and as i suspected no vacuum leaks. Its not a horrible bounce but it is noticeable, to me at least.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’d think that a crank sensor would throw a code if it was really out of sync. Maybe try cleaning the idle air control valve and throttle body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
I’d think that a crank sensor would throw a code if it was really out of sync. Maybe try cleaning the idle air control valve and throttle body.

It has the code. Only code it has amazingly. Cleaned everything when i did my mpfi swap.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
P1345?

I believe that was it. No use now truck suddenly lost reverse after test drive with no problems and ive lost all motivation to do anymore work to it.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Geez, you haven’t had much luck with that truck lately.

No luck with any of em. If it doesnt miraculously go into reverse tmrw im juat drivin it to junkyard since it still goes forward without a problem.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Spray clean the inside of the throttle body.see if that helps

Tb and whole intake were cleaned before reinstall. Its calmed down lil more but cant do anything til i get some info on trans problem. Got pan off n trans drained.