light flywheel vs stock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redgmc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea thats what i gathered but for no more than i drive it think it will be fun if not il change it back lol i have also discovered during my ramblin of parts found wat is called hypertec power charger never seen this befor and am curiouse bout how and if it works

redgmc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
also i might have just f up need to know what the tooth count is on flywheel dumba** me just remebered that there are two diff tooth counts 153 and 164 i think how can i tell what mine is with out counting them

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea thats what i gathered but for no more than i drive it think it will be fun if not il change it back lol i have also discovered during my ramblin of parts found wat is called hypertec power charger never seen this befor and am curiouse bout how and if it works

I just put on the hypertech powercharger along with a TB spacer and my Injector spacers will be here this week. Overall, great mod. I'm not going to claim I gained all this power or anything ridiculous but the truck accelerates sooo smooth! Since those mods it's been running better than it ever has. The powercharger is def effective I believe if you look at what it's replacing. It will raise the lid up a bit but even with that and my TB spacer I'm still able to close my hood.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I believe that if you have the staggered mount start as a lot of SBC's do then you have a 168 tooth, and the straight mount starter uses the smaller 153 tooth wheel.

redgmc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
damn i believe that i have the stagerd mount i will have to check when get home but pretty sure thats it that realy sux is there a way to change the starter gear or starter or did i just buy a flywheel that i cant use

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Unless your block is double drilled for both mounting configurations then I don't think the smaller one will work. It's possible that I am wrong on this but this is what I have read.

redgmc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah well known my luck its not what i got lol i will find out tomorrow for sure

redgmc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
went to change thermostat in 89 today broke stude off lol drilled it out no good who ever did it last put lock tight on it and alot of it thats no good on aluminum got to put heli coil in it now thinkn bout selling it

redgmc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
got off phone with summit my block is drill for both starters so i just ordered the other starter that works with the fly wheel i got plus it was cheaper swapping starters than just changing flywheels

redgmc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
got my fly wheel into today and it is smaller in diameter than the stock i dont think the clutch i ordered is goin to fit