Lift Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
What is SAS?
Solid Axle Swap. Cut out the weaker IFS and replace it with a much stronger, solid axle (like what you have in the rear). You won't have to worry about wearing out CVs, ball joints, TREs etc from running big tires.

PCnerd73

Reaction score
What does that all entail? And how does that help me achieve a higher lift for less money?

PCnerd73

Reaction score
So I just buy a rear axle assembly from a junkyard or something similar? What all do I need to change to get this accomplished? And then what do i get for a lift kit?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
What does that all entail? And how does that help me achieve a higher lift for less money?
Because its cheaper than a big ifs lift and you can go as high as you want
So I just buy a rear axle assembly from a junkyard or something similar? What all do I need to change to get this accomplished? And then what do i get for a lift kit?
Well if you want to be able to steer you'll have to get a front axle

PCnerd73

Reaction score
Well if you want to be able to steer you'll have to get a front axle
So who's the best manufacturer to purchase one from? And is a Detroit locker for the rear worth the money, or should I just get a full-on spool?

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Yes, but he asked about a 6" with 35s
I wasn't trying to contradict you or anything, just going back to my point that the IFS lifts for these trucks don't improve wheel travel or anything, just drop everything down.

In my opinion, if you just want a 35, which is about the limit of the little front ring and pinion likely, and are just doing light to moderate wheeling, a body lift is probably a more cost effective choice than a suspension lift :cool:

If my front end wasnt smoked, its probably the route I would have taken myself