Lift on K2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stefan Wutte

Reaction score
I've owned a 1989 K2500 4WD IFS 6 lug single cab truck for quite some time. It's currently 100% stock on the suspension and I'd like to make a few changes. I've worked a lot on trucks, but I've never messed with the suspension before. I'd like to get 4"-6" inches of lift off of a suspension kit (not really a fan of the body lifts) but I'm running into several problems. The only lift kits I can find are for K2500 SAS trucks or for K1500's. I also don't have the cash to get myself a BDS 6" lift kit because those run around $2k and thats a little too pricey. I'd prefer to run a 4" lift kit and 33's because that looks good and wont break my wallet, but I'd have no problem going with a 6" lift too.

Any Ideas?

All help appreciated

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You may have to check the kits for k1500 trucks. A lift kit for a true 8600gvwr k2500 won't your 6 lug truck.

You don't need a lift kit to run 33s. I have 33s and no rubbing

BeatUp98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Under the FAQ on rough country's 6 inch lift page for the 88-98 trucks it says that their lift will fit 2500 trucks as long as they are 6 lug. So you should be able to use it no problems.

Stefan Wutte

Reaction score
Under the FAQ on rough country's 6 inch lift page for the 88-98 trucks it says that their lift will fit 2500 trucks as long as they are 6 lug. So you should be able to use it no problems.

Yeah I guess what I have in known as a Heavy Half Ton so the 4" and 6" lift for the 88-98 K1500's fit my truck like you said as long as it's 6 lug. Thanks for the advice.

williamskarlj

Reaction score
I just had a lift from zone put on last year and I also picked up new springs from SD spring. So it would level out. I'm running 305/70/18 MasterCraft mtx no rub. Go with the premium shocks. And this kit comes COMPLETE. will do my best to get some pics and load them

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

williamskarlj

Reaction score
Just took this pic. This was the 6inch zone kit with the nitro shocks and steering stabilizer. The rear springs are for a true 2500 truck from SD springs.
New shackles hangars and ubolts. SS brake lines new upper control arms. Basically the entire suspension is new on my truck. It rides awesome too
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk