LED Gauge Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I know how to clear them. I was just wondering if my vision of a red cluster with UV (blacklit) needles is possible.

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
This is mine with blue leds and orange backlit needles. I like it I'm
working in #2 now.
You must be registered for see images attach

Crewcab Steve.

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
That is going to take a 10 minute phone convo to expain all that. Hahahaha. Let just say I've got 5hours in that dash and will have 15-20 in my new one.

Crewcab Steve.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I've read that writeup. And I'd seen where someone had put a few strings of LEDs throughout the open cavity similar to how Hicks did his for the y'all's writeup, but not to the degree he did. And they also had the needles cleared and a different LED behind them, but I cant remember who here it was so I could ask them.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, I've read that writeup. And I'd seen where someone had put a few strings of LEDs throughout the open cavity similar to how Hicks did his for the y'all's writeup, but not to the degree he did. And they also had the needles cleared and a different LED behind them, but I cant remember who here it was so I could ask them.

You're probably thinking about truckin'. He used to do the cluster retrofits. I only did plug 'n play, and some mods. I'd take pics, but for the last 24hrs or so, my phone has refused to save any pics to the memory. It'll take them fine, but I go to find them and it says "media display error".....so it's screwed I guess.

We did custom boards behind the cluster, that were shaped to the curves of the gauges and so forth, but it was alot of man hours and wasn't feasible to produce for others. Even at $10/hr, it would cost over $1000 to break even on labor. But after nearly 2yrs, the board is still holding up fine. Custom taillight boards were also fun to do, top to bottom is brake/turn, running light, brake/turn, reverse. Brake lights are 1040 lumens on paper lol.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was considering making some bread board inserts to put behind the cluster, but I can't think of how I would get power to them. Just drill a small hole through the bottom or side of the cavity?