LED Gauge Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
The majority of the dash push-button switches have to be retro-fitted with leds(meaning switch has to be disassembled and LEDs custom wired in). Depending on space available, you will need either T3, T4, or T5 sized led chips.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
Will I need twist locks for the 92 - 94 gauges? If so, where can I find them? Also, will I have to take the needles off? I'd like to take the green off the back while I have it off.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Im sure this was covered somewhere in the 52 pages but I got the 120 from superbrightleds.com and they dont look all that bright. Should I have went with the 90s? Or just give in and spend the extra money for the x5s? I am also thinking that maybe one or two arent lighting up but I havent taken it apart again to see. Its parked under a street lamp and has the billet gauges.

You must be registered for see images attach

Im thinking the bulb that is inop right now is the one up around the 40-50mph.

Last edited:

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
X5 hmu instead of paying sbjunk 5.50 a piecce ill do em for 3.50 each so 21+3.50 shipping

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Im sure this was covered somewhere in the 52 pages but I got the 120 from superbrightleds.com and they dont look all that bright. Should I have went with the 90s? Or just give in and spend the extra money for the x5s? I am also thinking that maybe one or two arent lighting up but I havent taken it apart again to see. Its parked under a street lamp and has the billet gauges.

Im thinking the bulb that is inop right now is the one up around the 40-50mph.

Well, first off, red is naturally the least brightest color in the standard LED choices, so it's hard to get the light to travel very far atall. Secondly, even though 120 has a better light spread, it does so by changing the lens to a wider angle lens, thus making the light's already limited distance even shorter. Thirdly, it's having to push this light thru a white cluster lens that is made to take hot spotted light and distribute it evenly. Lastly, it's already hard to get the 50mph area to light up evenly with ANY led short of a "cluster bomb" :p

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
True that red is a pain sometimes but I love it. Here is one one with hyper led red x5 in it

Last edited:

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
X5 hmu instead of paying sbjunk 5.50 a piecce ill do em for 3.50 each so 21+3.50 shipping

On sleds.com they're only 2.99 a piece.

True that red is a pain sometimes but I love it. Here is one one with hyper led red x5 in it

That's exactly what I'm looking for in your guages. I am thinking of removing all the billet dash stuff (especially the shifter cuz in Alaska your hand will freeze to the damn thing) and I think that will look alot cleaner too.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
When you say the x5's are $2.99 on sleds.com, are you talking about the wledx5 like superbrightleds sells, or the wledx5HP? Our x5s are same as sbl's wledx5HP.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Actualy they are 5.95 a piece as you would want the high power smd bulbs