LED Gauge Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
The only reason why I say that was because I used a 1000ohm on some bright blue LED's and popped em pretty quick. Stepped down and to 470 and they were dimmer by a very small amount but stayed working.

But stay safe and use the calculator.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:think:
The only reason why I say that was because I used a 1000ohm on some bright blue LED's and popped em pretty quick. Stepped down and to 470 and they were dimmer by a very small amount but stayed working.

But stay safe and use the calculator.
:think: That confuses me because a 1k ohm would let less power pass and therefore pop the LED less quickly. vice versa for the 470. The only thing I could think is if the resistor went bad and shorted thereby becoming a 0 ohm resistor... Were you trying to pull too much power through a 1/4 watt resistor?

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
where did you get them from. i got some yellow ones i was going to use for the floor and they sucked so bad, almost couldnt tell they were lit, but i got them from some knock off brand website, if you get them from superbrightleds.com. they are going to be pretty good

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i got them from superbright. My truck is a 92 so its got the older style gauge cluster. Not sure if thats the issue or not. I also used the twist ins from a buddy of mines crown vic he had extras. they fit snug so i dont believe thats the issue. they were the red 120 degree ones. i'll have to do some digging in the dash.

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]
Thats what I got. That one needs to be changed.but the others only barely light the redline stuff...

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah ill do that tonight once the sun starts to go down. Its 92 out right now and prob a good 20 degrees or so warmer in the garage.