l98 swap in k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tannerezell077

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
okay so i recently cracked the block on my 94 k1500 with the 5.7 350 tbi. i bought a 350 off of a 89 trans am and i believe that it is an l98. only thing it needs is an intake and i was wondering if the intake and throttle body will bolt up to the l98 instead of switching the ecm and all to a tpi

Last edited:

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The tbi intake should match right up. Pretty sure it's an l98. Better motor and has a roller cam, better heads

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
The intake made good torque too. Much more compared to TBI, not sure on it vs vortec intake.

tannerezell077

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The intake made good torque too. Much more compared to TBI, not sure on it vs vortec intake.
well i wish i could keep the tpi intake off the l98 but it was the only thing missing off the motor and if i bought a new one i would have to get a new harness and ecm

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i wish i could keep the tpi intake off the l98 but it was the only thing missing off the motor and if i bought a new one i would have to get a new harness and ecm

Yeah bummer. I actually had that setup for sale minus the ecm. Sold the harness and still have the complete intake