k47 Air filter housing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
I'd just get the ssdieselsupply intake instead... in fact... I did.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
bad idea, that setup is a hot air sucker and increases your egt's from the intake charge already being warmer air

While I don't know you to make inaccurate statements, I would welcome empriacle proof of this statement, because the "SRI vs CAI" debate has raged for nearly 2 decades now, and the overwhelming body of evidence points toward it making nominal to no difference.

Additionally, consider that all of the plastic under the hood absorbs heat from the engine bay and transmits that to the intake charge, so reducing the amount of time that the air is trapped in an intake tract could result in it picking up less heat. This argument can be made back and forth, so don't consider me a proponent of one side or another, just playing devil's advocate.

Regardless, if you're worried about intake charge temp on anything turbo.. an intercooler will be SUBSTANTIALLY more effective than worrying about your pre-turbo air source.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
While I don't know you to make inaccurate statements, I would welcome empriacle proof of this statement, because the "SRI vs CAI" debate has raged for nearly 2 decades now, and the overwhelming body of evidence points toward it making nominal to no difference.

Additionally, consider that all of the plastic under the hood absorbs heat from the engine bay and transmits that to the intake charge, so reducing the amount of time that the air is trapped in an intake tract could result in it picking up less heat. This argument can be made back and forth, so don't consider me a proponent of one side or another, just playing devil's advocate.

Regardless, if you're worried about intake charge temp on anything turbo.. an intercooler will be SUBSTANTIALLY more effective than worrying about your pre-turbo air source.

i'll have to find the thread on dieselplace, it was proven those kits pull heat(diesel gets far hotter under the hood than a gasser) and on a diesel it is more critical as the intake temps effect the egt's.

a intercooler would be a outstanding addition as you can also turn the turbo pressure up and it will combat the extra heat the turbo will build turned up

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
Yeah, i have also heard the ssdiesel CAI is crap. I also read somewhere, of a conversation someone had with Heath Diesel. The owner of Heath told this fellow, the best setup is a k47 box and k&n type filter.

jmc1997ck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any validation or debunking of those who think just a plain old paper filter is better than K/N or the like? I run a conical K/N with a prefilter on an Airaid set-up, and seems just fine. Thoughts? Don't mean to take the thread in a new direction, but it's what I'm good at...