just blew my trany

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
so i was on my way back from tahoe and my trany no longer works in over drive and drive. so i am in the process of getting it towed home. any thoughts on an upgrade to my trany when i rebuild it?

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you can build a damn solid 4l60, or go with the 4l80.... just more work to get it swapped in. There are a bunch of articles on how to do it though.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that truck has a tbi motor right? go with a turbo 400 trans my 88 i had i put one in that.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
thanks for the info. i was checking on rebuilding the 4l60 and beefing it up but ill check out all the other options. anyone know a good rebuild kit with a mild shift kit? and yes its the 350 tbi

dopeskater

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
you broke your forward sprag gear. i did that in my sierra. i drove it for months just shifting manually. ide start in second once i got moving then ide put it in drive and it would shift. prolly didnt need the tow truck. but good luck on gettin it rebuilt. i just bought a new 4l60e for my truck

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha holy **** I saw this got bumped from February and so I thought this happened to you tonight!! lol