Jerking in overdrive?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhumboldt12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Having an issue. When in overdrive when warmed up all the way, under light theottle, you can feel a jerking. If you give it more gas to kick down, it doesn't do it. If you're over 2k rpms, doesn't do it. New plugs, wires, cap and rotor, and tps. Any ideas? 91 350/700r4

Sent from my LG-H820PR using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Fuel pressure marginal or torque converter clutch failing.

Try to very lightly press the brake pedal, not enough to actually apply brakes, but a tiny amount will unlock the converter, RPM's will bump up a couple hundred - see if the problem goes away. When you let off the pedal it should lock up again.

If it's been a while since you changed your fuel filter, do that sucker..

Richard

dhumboldt12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep. It goes away. And then locks season right after I let off

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
How many miles on the trans, by the way? And don't overlook the fuel filter. Also, when was your last tune-up...

Richard

dhumboldt12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bout 120,000. Never changed the fuel filler that I know of. And about 1 year ago.

dhumboldt12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I changed the filter, and it still does it.

Mule89

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Possibly the TVCable needs adjusted I know that can effect things but not sure in this case

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Don't even think about touching the TV cable unless you know very well what you're doing. Getting it just a little bit too loose, you will roast the transmission in a hurry. That cable controls the internal working pressure of the transmission. Adjust it wrong and it will slip itself to death.

Richard