Is A Chip For A 4.3L Worth The Cost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well is it? I cant seem to find anyone who has chipped a pre 96 4.3L. My 93 has 190k on it and it runs great, ive beefed it up, just got the tranny rebuilt last week and im looking to make some more power, im doin the Ultimate TBI mod tomorrow (hopefully) and ive ditched the belt driven radiator fan for an electric, air intake, exhaust, etc. ive been reading up on gettin a new chip and im about to pull the trigger on a jet chips stage 1 but 200 bucks is a lot of cash, anyone have some info on em?

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I have that chip in my truck 5.7 tbi. Its not like you can really feel a big difference but the truck just performs a little better. I really only notice it at wot. I am sure the benefits would be the same for your engine.

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah after doin a lil more research i think im gonna hold off unless i get a smokin deal, 199-299 is a lot of cash that could go to beefin up my fuel system or gettin my sending unit replaced and finally having an accurate gas guage lol