iPad in dash build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1990454ss

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Recently I had a iPad installed in a custom console and loved it, went back stock and decided to make my own custom dash bezel for the iPad. Never done something like this so its not perfect but extremely pleased with it! What do you all think of it?

1990454ss

Reaction score

1990454ss

Reaction score

1990454ss

Reaction score
Here is the truck it's in as well, iPad is connected to the radio via Bluetooth so as soo as the key is on it starts playing music. Volume is controlled by the iPad so I never have to touch the head unit.

1990454ss

Reaction score
Thanks! And she's a work but finishing the stereo system and then going back to finishing up the suspension for autocross.

BigandTall

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love this. I have also thought of doing my cd player section like this to mount a tablet. Sonicelectronix.com sells a bluetooth adapter so you can send audio signal directly to your amp inputs so you wouldn't need a head unit at all. I can't remember the company that makes it off the top of my head though.

A few questions though...
1) How did you handle mounting the charging cable?
2)Does the glare from the midday sun blind you or affect your vision by blinding you?
3) And lastly, does using this at night not blind you with the bright lighting?

1990454ss

Reaction score
I love this. I have also thought of doing my cd player section like this to mount a tablet. Sonicelectronix.com sells a bluetooth adapter so you can send audio signal directly to your amp inputs so you wouldn't need a head unit at all. I can't remember the company that makes it off the top of my head though.

A few questions though...
1) How did you handle mounting the charging cable?
2)Does the glare from the midday sun blind you or affect your vision by blinding you?
3) And lastly, does using this at night not blind you with the bright lighting?

Thanks! I'm going to run a DAC, equalizer etc., to replace the head unit for better sound quality. And mounted the charging cable with epoxy on the back side and let it tack up then put the iPad in so it would harden inplace. And no surprisingly there is little if any glare, very easy to see in the daylight compared to the headunit being there and no the screen brightness is up all the way and doesn't blind me at all but it can be turned down if it gets too bright