Interstate battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My friend has one from Auto Zone if I remember correct it's the yellow top well it's been on the truck 13 years.

Well that's why, it was produced when they were still made in the USA. :)

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OP I'm not sure if you have bought your battery yet, but at work we have a fleet of golf carts that get run all day every day, often pulling trailers. Trojan batteries are the only ones worth anything. They are miles ahead of any other brand of battery we have tried, and we have tried quite a few over the years.

I know it's a different application and Trojans are expensive, but it's worth it for the best battery on the market as well as made in USA.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Odysseys FTW! I'm convinced there's nothing better on the market. 4 year FREE REPLACEMENT warranty, no pro-rated nonsense. CCAs and reserve are unmatched by anything else. I run them in both of my trucks and beat the hell out of them with my stereo systems, no complaints here. They're expensive but when you do the math it's really not that much different from buying cheaper batteries more often.

Also, they're made in Missouri, USA. I used to run Optimas but since they sold to Johnson Controls and moved production to Mexico their quality has gone downhill. After I killed my most recent Optima Yellow Top from what I would consider normal use, I switched to Odyssey Extremes and haven't looked back.

I didn't know they were made here in MO, where at? And where can you buy them local?

I got a great deal a few years back on an interstate from a local shop so I went with that.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't know they were made here in MO, where at? And where can you buy them local?

I got a great deal a few years back on an interstate from a local shop so I went with that.

Odysseys are made by Enersys in Warrensburg, MO. As far as dealers, I'm not familiar with the Union area, but they have a dealer locator.

http://www.odysseybattery.com/dealer_search.aspx