Interior Air filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No it does not have a cabin filter. Pull your blower motor out and see if that is pulled with debris. Even if it isn't it is a good idea to take a hose and wash it out as best possible. Make sure that the drain is clean so that the water has some where to go. You would be amazed at how much stuff will come out.

F4U-1A

G-Damn Blackfly season worst in 20yrs F!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have many problems with mice on all my vehicles trying to get in and nest. I have metal screening in place for the engine, and cabin air intakes. And mouse traps on the batteries, I check almost daily.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does my 1988 Silverado have a interior filter I can clean or replace , my fan doesn't blow with much force . Thanks , Bob
Check out this video. He includes pictures of what your AC most likely looks like from the inside. Also be sure and read the comments below the video as several others have added some very good suggestions. The evaporator is likely plugged up with crap from many years. One thing he doesn't mention is a product like "Simple Green" will help loosen the crud. Use a water hose to rinse it out. Obviously you want to make sure the drain from the AC to under the truck is not clogged.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media