Install 3rd row seat when it didn't come factory standard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreenGA

Reaction score
I just picked up a 99 C2500. Unfortunately, it was not delivered with the 3rd row seat.

I locate one locally, wrong color, but it is something. Are the mounting holes hidden under the carpet? I will check for myself, but the seat may go to another inrerested party and my new C2500 is at the garage getting the A/C back to factory; which is another story unto itself.

Does anyone know?

Oh, while I have your attention, would anyone out there have the dark red cloth 3rd row seat they to sell/offload?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
As far as I know, the Suburbans we're not sold with the third row seat standard ( until the last year, they were getting rid of parts inventory). It should say in the VIN report,or the service parts ID label in the glovebox will have the option codes too.
I have seen square body Burbs with no third row seat from the factory; my 90 R2500 was that way. Pulled up the cargo area carpet (PO had left food trash in the back and there were ants!) and sure enough, no seat sockets!
Let me check the VIN report for the Burb and I'll update....
The option code is AS3 for "seat,rear utility".
Apparently even in late '99 model year; my Burb was built August 30,1999, it was an option!

Last edited: