Inner door panle help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spedelbrock

Reaction score
Can someone show me a good pic of the routing for the two inner door panel rods. This is for a 1998 Chevy Silverado with power locks and windows. Thanks

spedelbrock

Reaction score
Thanks but I need a pic of them attached and in their correct location. I need a good visualization.

pumpedTSI

Reaction score
Good luck with that job........worst ever.....took me over 4 hrs because of them 2 rods

spedelbrock

Reaction score
Wow thanks for your insight on this matter pumpedTSI. Well how did you do it ?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They only go in one way correctly. Just finding which is the correct way is the hard part. Are both rods disconnected at both ends?

pumpedTSI

Reaction score
Hope thats not sarcasm........just letting you know what youre in for timewise. I found a link to the door handle replacement on Youtube......kinda helped but the guy popped both rods in like no big deal.....it WAS a big deal for me. Nice of Chevy to leave NO holes in the door to get your big paws in so for me I removed the screws and dropped the latch,got the long rod in, rebolted the latch and pushed the door lock rod in by "touch" since I couldnt really see it.........once it snaps into the retaining clip youre good but its a royal pain........all the had to do was put a bloody access hole in the door panel near the lock.......

Reaction score
Did you figure the rods out yet? I can take a pic of mine later today if you still need help.

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay...I took these the other day and I was busy working on the truck and forgot to upload them. They are not as good as I hoped they would turn out, but maybe you can make them out. These are pics of the passenger door, the driver's door is the same layout.
You must be registered for see images

~Eric