Infinity Kappa 6X9

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
U can fit 6x9s on the front door of any of the OBS Chevys with angles 6x9 spacers , u can mount a set on the c pillars if u wanted with 1.5"-2" adapters.i personally would get the primus 6.5 components if u have a 95+ Chev tho, why cut ur door up unless u gonna go big? 88-94 I'd probably still get the 6.5" components and a angled spacer for them and surface mount em

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Actually i ended up order these speakers for the rear passenger doors and these speakers for the front doors..
I'm not planning on putting any in the far back right now. I'll wait and see how this sounds before i make any more plans.
Did u buy a 4 channel amp to power them? If u don't plan on using an amplifier, u wasted a bunch of cash. Won't tell the difference between those and bottom tier infinity speakers or possibly even boss or cheapie speakers. Do the kappas justice and feed em 75-100 watts each please!! Lol they will beg u themselves if u hook em up to headunit

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes i have an Alpine 4ch amp and powered under seat Infinity sub.
Im not looking for loud and will never max out these speakers. Im looking for good sound at a reasonable volume.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes i have an Alpine 4ch amp and powered under seat Infinity sub.
Im not looking for loud and will never max out these speakers. Im looking for good sound at a reasonable volume.
Then you will be fine as long as u have an amp. It's not about loud, power makes clarity. Too little power will create distortion even with the best set of speakers. Headunit only put out 15-22watts a channel RMS, regardless of the inflated numbers like "50x4" on the face, that's peak power and useless reference of how much it puts out.

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup.
If i remember right my Alpine amp is 75X4 rms. and the powered sub is 100W rms. Should be good enough for my listening style.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup.
If i remember right my Alpine amp is 75X4 rms. and the powered sub is 100W rms. Should be good enough for my listening style.
Most definitely be good then...just alot of ppl waste money on great speakers and them power them with the headunit thinking it's putting out 50-60 watts each channel and wonder why a expensive set of speakers sound like junk lol.