imaging problems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zayres29

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have a 91 c1500 and im sure there have been people on here to replace the speakers on the dash for upgrades my question is that are there imaging problems with this it seems like a pretty good location to me but i dont know if its worth my time to replace them till i can build my door panels

thanks

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Deffinatly replace the crappy 4X6's in the dash. It doesn't even take that long, when i did mine i think it took like an hour and 15 minutes. And i soldered all my connections of course but with a little over an hour and the price for a set of speakers. You'll be very happy with the difference. I added a set of tweeters below my dash, facing upwards towards the headrests and that REALLY made a difference also!! DO IT!!

zayres29

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my other concern is powering the speakers most 4" and 4x6 plates have very low rms ratings and my DC Audio 175.4 puts out 175 watts per channel at 4ohm

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just turn the gain down to the minimum and you'll likely be just fine. I wouldn't run 4x6s on the dash for permanent solution but in the short term it would be better than 20 year old stock junk speakers.

zayres29

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just turn the gain down to the minimum and you'll likely be just fine. I wouldn't run 4x6s on the dash for permanent solution but in the short term it would be better than 20 year old stock junk speakers.

i might run a set of 4" components im really close to buying 2 sets of hypnotic 6.5" components audiosavings has them on sale i also might try to fit the 5.25" hypnotic component set in the dash if i "make" room

Blind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
best to run the tweeters from your door component set in the dash 4x6 location IMO