Im stuck, please help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockmax77

Reaction score
Ok, I have a 97 2-door hoe, when its cold it runs good with good power until it hits 3k rpm, then it starts to spit and spudder and doesn't want to go any more until it shifts and thens runs great again up to 3k rpm and again spits and spudders. After I drive around for a while and it warms up it starts running worse, like it doesn't want to go unless im barely on the throttle, if I step on it at all it just spits and spudders, and dosent throw a code. I have replaced fuel filter, o2 sensor, cut off my cats, crankshaft position sensor, cleaned the MAF and tried a paper filter in place of my K&N, and have run a few bottles of injector cleaner all with no success.. im stuck on what or where to go from here, please help and thanks for your help

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
Sounds like its running out of fuel.....I would get a fuel pressure check.....suspect fuel pump is going.

rockmax77

Reaction score
What psi should it have for normal?

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
spider injector is my guess,my buddys 96 did this same issues about a year ago i did the spider and it was all good after that

rockmax77

Reaction score
I wanted to add that while in park it runs perfect up to 5k+ with no misses, spits or spudders

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
It does sound like a fuel pressure issue.

But does your truck have a Mass Air Flow sensor? If so, they don't like the oil from the K&N filter. Try cleaning it with brake clean or Mass Air Flow cleaner if you can get some. See if that runs better. If the sensor is skewed because of oil it will run strange at higher RPMs

rockmax77

Reaction score
It does sound like a fuel pressure issue.

But does your truck have a Mass Air Flow sensor? If so, they don't like the oil from the K&N filter. Try cleaning it with brake clean or Mass Air Flow cleaner if you can get some. See if that runs better. If the sensor is skewed because of oil it will run strange at higher RPMs

I guess u didnt read my original post, I stated that I replaced my k&n with a paper filter and cleaned my MAF with MAF cleaner and it didnt help.

Do MAF's ever need to be replaced, or just cleaned?

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Sorry, I saw replaced the filter, somehow skipped the cleaned the mass air flow. My fault.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeraldinmendez