I'm having some issues guys, looking for help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I've got my '94 Chev, and its starting to have some issues. It now has 208,600Kms on it.

If my exhaust manifold flange is leaking, would that cause my Service Engine Soon light to come on? O2 sensor getting wrong readings or something?

Also. I have an old Viper Command Start system installed in this truck. It was installed when I bought it. I don't know who installed it, but a lot of the underdash wiring on this truck looks like a joke to me.

It locks and unlocks fine, but the command start button does nothing. Like doesn't do a single thing. I've reprogammed the button to the viper system, pulled all the command start fuses, checked them all... It was working fine before my 400KM trip home from Prince George. Then once I got home, it no longer worked. I can't find out why, so even an IDEA would be a great start.

My column shifter feels like a spring broke in it. It just goes back and forth (towards the dash and driver) freely. It just started this tonight. Is there a spring in there? and if so, how hard is it to replace? It doesn't look easy.

Also. There was a 4Hi mod installed in this truck and when I hit a bump, it comes on or goes out. Its really unreliable. I don't even know where to start looking for wiring gremlins on this truck.

If I bought Mean Green's 4HI harness, would it be possible to delete the old 4HI ratsnest and put in his?

This truck is really starting to frustrate me now and I love it at the same time. I could really use some help.

Thanks guys.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Yes, a leaking manifold can cause readings to be off on the o2

Check into the gm obd1 paper clip trick to pull the ses code

Take the truck to a stereo shop that does remote start/alarm systems and have them check out the viper system.

Unsure on the shifter

Check for loose grounds on the headlight harness, but yes, the mean green harness would be a good idea.