If You Could Do It All Over Again...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Actually, I would have done a 4" lift when I got the truck. But the rest would be the same. Still want to add a light bar across the top of the windshield. and maybe add a roll bar.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
On Pigpen, I would do nothing different. But I'm older and have learned alot in the past twenty years lol.

On my original truck, a 76 FJ40, I would have;

A) Started with a nicer truck, (alot of people should lol)

B) Focused more on reliability then ridiculous race car parts and 36" Buckshot Mudder's.

Maybe a nice longer leaf swap, maybe an integrated power steering system, maybe some disc brakes, maybe a heat instead of a Coleman camp heater hose clamped to the dash, maybe a 4 speed swap instead of being in such a rush to stick a SBC in it, maybe an HEI upgrade and header on the I-6 lol.

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
Most things I've done were also reversible, it's the cost of learning what you actually versus what you think you would like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Well to start with.
1) i wouldve took my 03 to pick up my tail lights the morning when i got hit.
2) i shouldve done a manual swap when the first tranny gave out.
3) i shouldve never put the first brushguard on. The new one looks good imo
4) i wished the ******* that sold me the truck wouldve told me the paint was still soft before i got to close to a bush which left a little scratch.

Zanama

Reaction score
Would've never sold my red 94 scsb. So much potential with the knowledge I have now. Sold it for a stock TJ and built that into a pretty awesome machine and then sold that too.

Basically I'd have kept the 94 and built a badass street machine. Don't even have a single picture of it.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Currently looks like this, if I would have to do it all over again, I probably would have done everything that is done to it except the lift.
You must be registered for see images attach
It would have looked pretty good with just drop shackles, maybe a 2/4 drop. Love it the way it is too much to change it now. There will be another one in my future after I LS swap this one.

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh man. So many things I would do differently. I never would have painted over the factory two tone first with plasti dip and then secondly with spray paint, never would have put my old KCs on the headache rack, never would have gotten a grill guard for it, never would have put cab lights on, never would have....... the list goes on and on. Might have still gotten the headache rack, actually do kinda miss that.

You must be registered for see images

Here is one of, if not my favorite picture of my truck. Three years ago when I was a senior in high school but still kept it classy. In a perfect world my truck would be the factory two tone again, have color matched gold fender flares, no cab lights, no tow mirrors, and the same rim/tire setup I have now.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
All I gotta say is, we all had to do these things to know that we didn't want them. If none of us ever got creative, we'd all be driving around identical stock trucks, which is far more boring.

sactown

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I could do it all over again I'd buy a lot more stock in Apple and Microsoft :D

But as for trucks, I'd never have gotten a b2000, what a gutless wonder. First and last mini truck, full size ever since.

I'd care a lot less about form and more about function. Too much gets wasted on vanity.

I'd have made it a bigger priority to get the space and tools to work on stuff myself. Finally should have a work area next year for doing bigger stuff.

I'd skip buying cars altogether and stick to trucks and SUVs, preferrably all 4x4.

I'd use my 4x4's more often getting out of the city.

Life is short, choose wisely and make the most of it.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Never would have done any of this.....

I would have done the SAS sooner, although I probably also wouldn't have put the detroit locker in it that is currently has.

I will say, out of everything I've done I've noticed the pattern I did and others did the same, more lights/add on stuff when you are young because it was what you can afford at the time.