IAC Valve Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t93k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Replaced iac valve with new gm unit due to loose pintle. After 50 miles of mixed driving, warm idle is still too high. Cold idle is the normal 1300-1500 and warm idle use to be 750ish out of gear and 625 in. Now it fights to stay 800 in gear an 1000 out of gear. Interestingly enough, there are certain points where itll idle relatively normal but feels a bit forced. Confirmed no vacuum leaks with starting fluid. Is it possible that the new iac valve could be faulty out of the box? Thoughts and discussion is appreciated.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Just did this on a friends Jeep. He was having the same problems. We disconnected the battery for about 10 minutes (which supposedly resets something), then reconnected it and it was running normally again.

Worth a shot.

t93k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The battery was disconnected during installation, but I will try that again.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you just throw it in or did you go through the correct install?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

t93k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remove old with battery disconnected, clean gasket surface, ensure pintle doesn't exceed 1 1/8" in length. Reinstall, key on with pins a & b jumped to set pintle for ecm reference. Key off, remove jumper, start vehicle and drive 40mph to reset idle. Idle is incorrect.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Remove old with battery disconnected, clean gasket surface, ensure pintle doesn't exceed 1 1/8" in length. Reinstall, key on with pins a & b jumped to set pintle for ecm reference. Key off, remove jumper, start vehicle and drive 40mph to reset idle. Idle is incorrect.

Yup thats it

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

t93k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can always get another one and try, the guys behind the counter are pretty good around here.