I need helpful tips on lifting my truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TerraFirma

Reaction score
Hi, i'm gonna lift my 1995 C1500 silverado (2WD) using 4 inch lift spindles for the front and lift blocks for the rear end. I need to know if i need to extend my brake lines or steering column or anything like that when i lift the front end...does anybody have experience with this? i just wanna know so i can buy all the stuff i need. any helpful advice would be welcome, im kinda new to the truck world but i catch on pretty quick. thanks!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
:welcome:

A few members who have done it (off the top of my head)...
oohunter04oo
98c1500
fastorange

I think you'll need new brake lines. And read the instructions. You have to cut something off the frame so you can actually brake...

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
Welcome, I have the exact same truck and I lifted mine the same way. You will be better off with the extended brake lines. Also might as well go to stainless braided while you're at it. There is a site that had great prices in the kit. Also if you haven't already gotten the blocks for the rear I urge you to reconsider NAND look into the shackle flip instead. It will be a much more comfy and better lift in the long run. I'm about to swap out my blocks to the flip and also the flip u-bolts.

http://www.offroaddesign.com/

That site is the one with the brake lines and shackle flip and u-bolts if you want to check those out too.

I will be more than happy to help out with any questions or advice you may want or need. I did the entire thing in my driveway with only common hand tools. I also replaced all the ball joints and out tie rid ends. I figured since I was in there might as well. Also make sure the alignment knockouts are not there or plan to knock them out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

TerraFirma

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the fast responses and advice! I'll look into the brake lines...are brake lines universal or vehicle specific? because i only saw ones for 4wd on the websites

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the fast responses and advice! I'll look into the brake lines...are brake lines universal or vehicle specific? because i only saw ones for 4wd on the websites

They are universal as far as gmt400 goes. I think my front ones are pro comp and the rear is sky jacker LoL! I didn't do enough research ahead of time to get them from the site I mentioned. Same reason I didn't know about the shackle flip until it was too late.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro