Hypertech max energy power programmer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with them? I just want to know if it's worth the $300 to pick one up.

I'm on the fence with re gearing my truck because it runs real good but it could use a lil bit more power and a friend said that it really woke up his truck . I'm on 4" lift spindles running 285/70/17 and have 3:73 gear

This would be on a 2wd 97 silverado ecsb 5.7

Any info would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Got one for my '98.
Changed the shift points & firmness. Not a big dif.
Removed the speed governer. That helped! Hehe!
Changed the rev limiter point. Only allows +500 rpm. But it was just a V6. Not like that added any power!
Allowed re-calc. for dif. sized tires & wheels,(235/75-15's. 28.7"/721 revs. per mile,->295/40-20's. 29.5"/706 revs. per mile) and a gear change. 3.42->3.73. This alone made the cost of the tuner worthwhile! Speedo & tach are now darn close to dead on!
Other than that, as far as adding power, not a real big change. Just allowed me to drive a bit more aggressive without bumping up against the stock spec. speed or rev limiters.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Do you have to run premium with this tuner, or does it have different options to choose from. My superchips programmer in broken. I really want to fix my speedo.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody else have any opinions on the hypertech programmer? I'm not looking for a custom tune because I'm not sure what I'm doing with my truck yet.

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
Well with BBP, you can send it back any time for just shipping ($15) to get a retune when you make changes. IMO they do a better job than what the hypertech can do. BBP can make changes to more things in the PCM, and for less money ($200 vs $300). You would need to send it back 7 times for retunes for it to be more.

I love my BBP tune :)

edited - why can't I say their name? It deleted it from my post.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a hypertech on my 99 it helped with mileage and shift points. I liked it alot and was good for its time. I had it set for 91 but it had diffrent tunes for any grade of gas.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well with BBP, you can send it back any time for just shipping ($15) to get a retune when you make changes. IMO they do a better job than what the hypertech can do. BBP can make changes to more things in the PCM, and for less money ($200 vs $300). You would need to send it back 7 times for retunes for it to be more.

I love my BBP tune :)

edited - why can't I say their name? It deleted it from my post.

It's filtered out because one of the admins here also does tuning :deal:

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
It's filtered out because one of the admins here also does tuning :deal:

Ah I see that now after hunting around. I thought EFI Live Autocal only worked on 98+ GMT400s? I know it doesn't work on my 96, that's why I went with BBT.