How To Replace/Where To Find Tilt Steering Joint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My dually feels like the tilt joint up top is shot. Yes the rag joint is too, but this feels different. I'm wondering how the joint itself comes apart and where to find it? I went to GMPartsDirect and, while all the stuff is discontinued, they don't even show the joint itself to run down a part number, just the 2 shafts. Maybe I should be looking it up for a newer truck? I know someone here put a much newer wheel on their truck, was it @phatphuck?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I went to GMPartsDirect and, while all the stuff is discontinued, they don't even show the joint itself to run down a part number, just the 2 shafts.

Their diagrams and part listings have really gone downhill IMO. I use https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.com/ for most things, but they also have a habit of removing discontinued part numbers entirely and other annoying stuff.

For really hard to find discontinued part numbers https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/epc/chevrolet/ usually works, but the website is a pain to navigate.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
This is the MFer right here.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I suppose I can figure out how the split the damn thing.

You must be registered for see images attach

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Yes I was going to ask if you meant the spherical joint at the upper shaft.

Mine came with one on the cts swap I did and it was same overall Dia as the original.

It kinda just snaps on and off if I remember right.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Sorry I was late to the party sounds like you found it.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Pay attention when you take it apart. It can be assembled upside down and your steering wheel will be too!

Ask me how I know...:cool: