How often do yo replace you cap and button?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5.7X28

Reaction score
I always got the cheap masterpro stuff in the past. I usually have to replace these about every 18 months. This time I got the ACDELCO parts hoping they last longer.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You mean cap and rotor? Ive got AC Delco plugs, wires, cap and rotor been on for over 2 years no issues

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
When I used to have a cap and rotor (diesel now) I would change 'em out once a year with the annual spring tune up routine....so 12 months I guess.

biggy-p

Reaction score
when i first got my truck i would buy the cheap ones and i kept having to change then out every 6-12 months, after doing that for about 2 yrs i went to napa and bought one of there cap rotor buttons and i have been on that one for 2 yrs now and when i get home im doing a tune up in spring plugs, wires, cap and rotor button, fluids and all of that stuff. and also when i bought the truck i did a tune up and i put auto lite plugs in it and it ran horrible! i think i let it go for 6months before i put a new set of ac delco ones in there and she started to run like a champ again after that!

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I use the good ones from NAPA, I change them every 2 years or 24,000 miles. Same with plugs and wires. Truck has never failed to start. With the exception of a dead battery.