How much is a rusty but good running 91 gmc sclb 4x4 worth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTODually

Reaction score
I have an 85 Harley Sportster project bike (runs just needs cosmetics) that someone wants to trade me a 91 gmc 4x4 sclb for. Says it has a 350 out of a caprice cop car that runs good however almost every body panel is rusted (doors may be ok?) will need rockers and a new bed and fenders for sure. Does have fender flares all the way around. 4x4 works and is a 3/4 ton. Should I say yay or nay? I'm gonna flip the bike either way...

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It depends on how much you think the bike is worth. I wouldn't pay more than $1000 for that truck. And that is a tad high imo. Make sure you look at the frame too. If the body is that bad then your basically buying the frame and drivetrain so those better be good.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah. Poke around the frame with a screwdriver. try and find a hole. Because if the whole truck is as bad as you describe then the frame has to be right behind it. Also why is the motor been replaced.

sparky24

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like a 600-900 dollar truck. I dont know anything about harleys so i cant help you there but it sounds like the bike should be worth a whole lot more than that

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
No.

You'll get more for the sportster (885?) by a fairly wide margin.