Horrible missfire no codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Could you possibly have a bad Distributor cap? Could be cross firing between #3 and #5. Not sure what style cap you have, but the flat style burn up quite often.

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could you possibly have a bad Distributor cap? Could be cross firing between #3 and #5. Not sure what style cap you have, but the flat style burn up quite often.

That's something I need to rule out but it's way easier to check the compression vs pulling that freaking cap. Plugs wires aren't crossed guys it started this going down the road and was running fine earlier that trip.

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I pulled all the plugs out this afternoon and checked the compression and it was between 170-180 on all cylinders so that's out. While I had it all apart I put two new plug wires on #3 and #5 from a spare set I had and it cleared up the miss alot but it's still present under acceleration up a hill and at idle. I went ahead and ordered a new cap, rotor and wires all AcDelco from rock auto so maybe this will clear it up if not I don't know where to head next.