Horrible missfire no codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am having a horrible missfire in my truck that I can't figure out, it runs like crap idling in or out of gear and shakes horrible going uphill under load. I have EFI live and it's showing 100+ missfires on all cylinders and the LTFTs are really screwy. I can post a log file if anyone wants to take a look but this has got me stumped.

So far,

New Dizzy
New Plugs
New Wires
FPR
Injectors

All Delco or better

7.4l 454

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok the miss is on #5 and #3 and is major going uphill or accelerating but normal on flat ground or downhill. At this point I am beginning to think maybe a head gasket but someone borrowed my compression gauge and hasn't returned it. I have a leak down tester but its such a pain I don't know if I want to fool with it.

Attached log file hope I did it right.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pulled all the plugs and they all look the same, really suprised by this. One weird note is the airbox had coolant in it but I don't think it came out the intake seems it made it there from the overflow somehow?

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There are lots of things that could cause this, but it almost seems like your coil is worn out or your timing needs to be reset.

No such thing as resetting the timing as far as I know and it's hard to imagine the coil only effecting #3 and #5.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
by any chance are those wires crossed? I did that yesterday on a 4.3 vortec was interrupted while putting wires back on new cap crossed 1 and 3 it ran but had a stumble