Holley Sniper EFI?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you planning to do a lab acceleration test or dyno to compare the two. The air fuel ratios of a well tuned carb would shock most EFI fanboys.
Seat of the pants dyno and plug readings.
Yeah I had that Q-jet and HEI dialed in. I think I still needed to play with the secondary jet needles a little but for everyday hauling a$$ it was running pretty damn good,passed the pass a truck right now test. I was running 270 gears with 81" of tire and several people asked if I was running 4.11's,it pulls that hard. Can't wait to get it in my 1/2 ton.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The air fuel ratios of a well tuned carb would shock most EFI fanboys.
As long as you want to tune it every time the elevation or weather changes, ha ha. With a WBO2 and my EBL Flash-II, I'm tuning it 100 times/second :biggrin: it goes from 14.7 AFR in Closed Loop to over 16.5 in Hyway Lean Cruise. With WOT, I'm getting ~12.5 AFR through a bored 46mm TB, @20PSI on a 10.3:1 CR "383", the 08-432-8 cam, and Summit Racing Aluminum heads that flow better than Vortecs (which flatten out at .500" lift). I'm too old and lazy to carry around screwdrivers and little wrenches, I just pull out my laptop :lol:
I quit tuning carbs over 30 years ago.
Yeah, I have over $400 invested in this thing but, that's me, it's not for everyone. ;)

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as you want to tune it every time the elevation or weather changes, ha ha.
And then there's that!
I made a double ended tool that I keep in the glovebox that's got an allen wrench on one end and a #2 phillips on the other. The allen end removes the 1/8" pipe plug I installed over the primary needle adjustment and the phillips end makes the adjustment. I can pull over and pull the air breather,remove the plug,make the adjustment and put the air breather back on in about 30sec. Down here in the flatlands there is really no need to constantly readjust once you get the mixture right. The bad thing about the carb is not the carb but the corn liquor in the fuel. It boils at a lower temp. and floods the motor after about 5 min. of shutting down so I have to do a clear flood when I crank back up,can't be doing the rings any good. The other advantage to EFI is automatic idle control when you drop it in gear and/or the A/C clutch engages. Basically I've spent a $hit load of money to have automatic idle control and not having to hold the pedal to the floor when I crank it back up.

Last edited:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks guys for all the info. found the part numbers on summit site.
!! BEFORE YOU ORDER !!

I got the -8 and -6 AN to AN adapters backwards. The -6 should be angled and the -8 should be straight.

Female -6 AN to -6 AN Straight Union 45 Degree Union

Female -8 AN to -8 AN 45 Degree Union Straight Union

I hope I caught you in time - I happened to be under WCJr's hood yesterday afternoon and thought to check, and then forgot to update.

Last edited: