High school beater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So my first truck was my 1994 c1500 I used to beat the piss out of and do "cool custom homemade modifications" now I'm trying to fix my mistakes and actually take care of this truck but some damage has been done and I was wondering what newer replacements I can use. My door panels are DESTROYED and my driver seat is broken and the frames bent in the reclined position anyways I was wondering if I could put newer doors (97?) In and how hard those would be to replace with my doors now instead of just doing door panels and what I could do for seats! Here's some pictures of my old girl.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No pics, I've got the same truck 94c1500 ecsb. If I'm right the dash has to be swapped out if you use the 96 an up doors. Seat coukd easily be swapped out, I broke mine the first time I owned it and ended up using a tow strap wrapped around it for couple months.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
I thought 95+ panels would work with the old style dash. IIRC it just leaves a larger gap between the dash & door panel, you'll have to make a spacer to push in the plunger for your dome light.

Edit:
I found a pic of one, but I know I've seen others.
001-jpg.12227

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Here ya go.

Ive done this. Easiest way is to get the cartridge out of a newer truck door. The new panels wont mount on your cartridge. There are wiring tutorials all over the forums. The mirror wiring isnt too bad, you just need to get 4-5 wires (cant remember exactly at the moment), wrap them in electrical tape, and run them across to the passenger side mirror. Its really not too bad. The other wiring though, is a pain. It took me 8 hours per door to pull them apart, change out the cartridge, dynamat the inner door skin, put the new cartridge together and figure out the wiring. and yes, you need a spacer to hit the door button. An adhesive 3/4x3/4 rubber bumper/foot works well. I actually have blue ones in there now....

20170425_070437-jpg.190444