High rpms but no power!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
Lately I have noticed my truck acting up. I can hit the gas slowly and it's almost like it's in neutral because It won't have any power but it'll jump in rpms until I almost redline it and it decides to jump and have power again.
Could this be a sensor problem?

The transmission is brand new it may have 20k on it so is the torque converter and it might have 10k on it.
Help needed! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lha1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whats the year of the truck an engine? Could be the transmission or it could be the TV cable if its a 700R4 or a throttle position sensor or something if its a 4L60E

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Sounds like its slipping. I hope you got a Warranty with the transmission. May also be a torque converter issue. Take it back to the shop.

95chev

Fear the Deere
Reaction score
Dad had a similar problem with the 700r4 in his 94 the rpms would jump but the truck wouldn't accelerate the trans has about 100k on it but it sat around a lot he dumped a can of conditioner in it and it hasn't done it since

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
its almost like it puts itself in neutral when it hits about 2700 rpm.
94 k1500

lha1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm that'd be a 4L60E then its electronic. Could be a sensor or something dealing with the shift points possibly. Have you changed the fluid recently an checked to see if its dirty or smells?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk