high oil pressure after oil change?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

takt

Reaction score
I have a 95 I believe it's a 5.7 I just did an oil change with royal purple and my oils pressure is at 80 before it was just past 40 when hot anyone have this issue?

takt

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
thats a good thing, your rod and main bearings are still good. The lower oil pressure was due to old worn out oil.

takt

Reaction score
Sweet,it did go down to normal this afternoon...I was worried I little higher but it's pretty normal for this truck. Thanks for the reply.

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
40 is still a great number warm. I have a new forged 383 with hi flow oil pump . I only see 65lbs hot. My motor has 1 hour run time.
Be happy that says allot about your motor its healthy. Most of these motors only have 15 20lbs hot.

Diego0123005

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
same thing happened to me. When i bought the truck highest psi was 40. Then i changed the oil and it went up to 60. warm at idle is about 35

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i wouldnt be worrying, as stated better than the lost viscosity of your old oil. considering spec is 10lbs per 1000 rpm if you had 5 psi at idle youd be fine. my old motor was all sorts of ******, drrive it for 10 minutes let her warm up 0psi at idle. then would jump right back to 40.

i wouldnt be concerned, change the oil in proper interval with the correct oil and youll be fine.