high idle problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just completly rebuilt my tb, along with the fuel bowl mod, and air cleaner mod, installed the tb, fired right up and idles about 800-1000... test drove it thinking the IAC needed recalibrated, still same thing, came back home ran the jumper wire that shelby talked about in a couple other post, and the idle is still the same

im wondering if its a bad IAC... i havnt taken it out to verify rod movement yet, gna do that right now

any1 got some other ideas?

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
okay, i officially feel like a DUMBA$$! :Grenade:

went out and retried the jumper wire thinking maybe i didnt wait long enough... still nothing... popped the hood, was gna take the IAC out to check the pintle movement... i never plugged it in! :banghead:

plugged it in, started it, had a real low idle, so did the jumper wire again, now shes runnin good... still has a hesitation on the test drive tho... next im probly gna start looking at the o2 sensors, i know one was unplugged for a long time, so i imagine is probly no bueno...