HID harness question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got a quick question for you wiring gurus here. I've got a couple of these HID relay harnesses laying around and want to use them for a offroad light retrofit and want to hook them up straight to a toggle switch. I understand how this harness is supposed to be hooked up when using it for factory headlights. Would I just hook it up exactly the same besides the plug that is suppose to plug into your factory headlight harness? Just extend those wires to the cab to the toggle? If I'm thinking right this should work. Probably am just over thinking it.

This is the same harness. #5 plug is what I'm talking about extending and hooking the switch to
You must be registered for see images attach

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Right, but you won't hook both of those wires to the switch if that's what you mean.

Ground the black wire, connect the blue to one of the switch terminals, then connect the other terminal to power.

Sent from my Nintendo 64

04silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right, but you won't hook both of those wires to the switch if that's what you mean.

Ground the black wire, connect the blue to one of the switch terminals, then connect the other terminal to power.

Sent from my Nintendo 64
Correct. I was going to hook it up exactly as you said. And thank you for confirming this. I guess I was still kinda vague with the question. It was nearing the end of a 12hr midnight shift when I posted and was second guessing myself.