Here I am again! '97 Yukon "drifting"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevo1975

Reaction score
So here goes. You notice when you romp on it from a dead stop your back end slides to one side? That seems to be the case with my Yukon at highway speeds (and I gaurantee with that unmanly 235 horses my tires are NOT breaking loose). I know my rear shocks are toast, but I'm guessing a driveline problem somewhere? I just changed ball joints (not fun), but when I accelerate at highway speeds it feels like the front end drifts left, and the back end drifts right. When I let off the gas pedal the opposite happens. Anyone else experience this?

sntrym

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would look at your leaf springs as well. If they are sagging, they aren't supporting the weight transfer on acceleration properly, possibly causing the drift.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Broken leafspring center pin is another thing to check out, but usually you'll see evidence on the spring and some noise.

stevo1975

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch guys. I may just replace the leaf springs and bushings right along with the shocks. Forgot to mention how much the back end sags when the gas tank is full. It's sad.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I had an issue before on an AWD Celica that ended up being about an inch of toe in. Not the case here I'm sure. Why don't you have a friend brake stand it in both directions and look for something to move more than it should?