Help with 1989 K1500 Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I did a 6 inch rcx suspension lift and a 3 inch body lift on my truck . also Rebuilt the rears to 5.13 gears. I was looking to go with at least a 38 Inch tire. What would i have to have in offset for rims and would the 38's be good or go to 40's. Im stuck at this point on what to do .

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
38's would be better. 40's is getting pretty hard on an IFS, especially with 2" of crank, and you might have problems rubbing on a 9" lift depending on what rims/tires you have.

Can we get pictures of the truck? Plzzzzzzzzzz! (I have a 6" RCX waiting to go on and already have a 3" body lift, wanna see what it looks like on yours :D)

Reaction score
Welll the Body is still off getting redone now, do have a few of the Chassis . did a full strip down of the chassis and everything brand new. Just need to figure the tire/rim combo now , and staying with the 38's would i need a differant backspace opposed to factory?

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
probably would rub the frame a lot with factory backspacing, that and the stance would't be too pretty.

I'd get some rims that stuck out an inch or two more, probably 9" wide.

Reaction score
Gotcha and ill get some pics tommarrow up of the chassis if all goes well should be setting cab back on for finishing this week. Truck is planned to be done within the next month or so if all falls on schedule