Help, cylinder misfire, rough idle, significant power loss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hbl1980

Reaction score
God bless GM's random misfires. I've been chasing one now for a week. I have completed a full tune up (Only 66k original miles), blah, blah, blah and still nothing. Looks like it's time to bite the bullet and buy myself a early Christmas present (new spider injector). Oh joy!

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
I had an issue like this in our family ford expedition. it skipped and felt like it miss fired. it turned out to be water in the plugs from where the people washed the engine before they installed the new plugs.

dexshaw

Reaction score
Did you ever get the miss to go away. Mine is driving me nuts. Started off with tire shop picking up my rig to swap the winters off drove it down the hiway 4 lo and destroyed the engine. New crate engine in the truck with a new updated spider new plugs wires cap and rotor. Old engine no problems new engine started cold fine not so good hot. Updated spider was flooding engine. Had a new warranty spider installed starts good now but #2 miss fire swapped plugs and wires never changed I also noticed a jerk when the torque lock engages cruising at hi way speed 100 plus km per hour. Had tranny checked out all is good. Is my luck this bad as to another new spider malfunction causing my miss and the jerk motion felt at higher speed. Any suggestions would help