help! Curt escalade hitch fitment issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scarybowtie

Reaction score
I purchased a 99 escalade class 3 hitch from Curt, part# 13029 I believe. The issue is nothing seems to line up? The hitch is a little narrower than a stock hitch, and none of the bolt holes line up. Has anyone else ran into this issue? I'm not as concerned with the bolt holes lining up because I can just drill new ones. But being a little narrower worries me. Any info is appreciated. -Josh

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think escalade/tahoe/Yukon/suburban frames are different from the truck frames. The reason I say this is because when lowering a truck the c notch is different. But again I'm not 100% sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scarybowtie

Reaction score
I didn't know whether the frames would be different or not. But I have read multiple times that the 99 escalade hitch works perfectly with a body lift on our trucks, but it really didn't line up

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the sub and truck frames are the same, the only difference is the drop on the truck hitches. Thats why there is a gap with a body lift. How wide is the hitch overall? I have a brand new Suburban hitch im going to put on when I do my body lift so I can measure it tomorrow to compare yours. The other thing is that its also not an oem hitch. I also have a reese hitch too thats meant for a suburban to a 99 escalade, and those holes line up fine aswell. Well 4 of the 6 ill need to drill 2 new holes for both hitches.

Last edited: