Help 96 gmc ignition wire harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steelmonkey10

Reaction score
Well my truck was broken into and ignition key hole basically destroyed. Can anyone help me figure out how to start it with the wires below it. It’s the red red white line pink pink white line orange black yellow brown etc . Please someone help so I don’t mess up my truck any further.

steelmonkey10

Reaction score
If that were an option , I would’ve done it already. I have a 4 month old and I am the only one working with this being our only transportation. I’m really good with wiring soldering heat shrink the works and done all the work my truck has needed over the years but this is something I haven’t done befoee

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well my truck was broken into and ignition key hole basically destroyed. Can anyone help me figure out how to start it with the wires below it. It’s the red red white line pink pink white line orange black yellow brown etc . Please someone help so I don’t mess up my truck any further.
You joined the forum today, and you're essentially asking how to hot start a vehicle. I for one cannot, in good faith, give you such advice. I cannot verify whether you actually own that vehicle or if you have stolen it.

steelmonkey10

Reaction score
I am not asking you how to Hotwire it, I can pull it up on you tube how to Hotwire it. It’s simple the two red and pink together then power accesssory and ignition. I’m asking for help from hopefully someone of professional point of view or experience/ I would never steal a vehicle or anything . I work my busy off for everything I have . You know that’s the problem these days , instead of offering help or assistance in good faith , people tend to act as if they are better than the next because one is asking for help you Sir I pray receive the same energy you dish out when you need something someday . I asked for help not a self riteous pricks opinion of what he has absolutely no knoeledge

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Queso, first of all, @xXxPARAGONxXx is most definitely NOT a príck, and definitely has knowledge.
(Him’s a smart feller’)

Second, you just answered your own question so now I’m confused as to what exactly you’re looking for.

steelmonkey10

Reaction score
For anyone curious I own the truck, it’s old I paid two grand cash for it, it’s not fancy but I can pull over ten thousand pounds with ease and I take care of her and she takes care of me

steelmonkey10

Reaction score
And what I’m saying basically is I don’t trust those idiots on you tube or those tic toc skits or anything . And I want to make sure I do it right so I don’t mess it up . I love my truck and it’s what puts groceries on the table and keeps my newborn safe and full. I really just don’t want to mess it up in the process. That’s all and sorry for the ***** response it’s been a long few days and this took a lot for me to reach out on here because usually I’m the one helping everyone and when I need it I never can find it. Sry to bother anyone I’ll just wing it with the you tube guy hopefully he’s right

steelmonkey10

Reaction score
What kind of help are you looking for?
I just need to know how to properly with what order and details like when I add in the fuse box (accessories) and ignition do I leave them
Together or how long do I just touch them to get the power to it or what. Cause I’m desperate and I need to go to Walmart before they close for diapers and wipes he’s on his last diaper and last few wipes and by noon he will be out of formula tomorrow