Help, '94 2Dr loosing antifreeze

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
****! I too have a coolant leak somewhere. It's not real bad (theres a moist spot about 10inches in diameter on the driveway). Its really hard to trace back to anywhere on the vortecs they are kinda clustered. And most of the bottom of the engine is a little wet/full of grime. The drip is forming on the back of the engine/oil pan lip. Its a little wet in the valley on the intake manifold. But I'm not sure if its oil from the driver side valve cover gasket.

Where does the intake manifold leak typically? Its the lower manifold too correct?

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
A lot of time the quick connect fitting on the back of the intake manifold will start to leak. Ether from the threads deteriorating or the plastic sleeve inside of it. It's hard to see sometimes but that may be where the leak is coming down the back of the engine.

Reaction score
A lot of time the quick connect fitting on the back of the intake manifold will start to leak. Ether from the threads deteriorating or the plastic sleeve inside of it. It's hard to see sometimes but that may be where the leak is coming down the back of the engine.

Can you fix this easily with just a new quick connect or does it require a new manifold?

I also might add that my truck hasn't been running crappy, burning coolant, no bubbling or hissing in the radiator, and there no oil discoloration. so it seems like it is just an exterior leak.

Reaction score
^^^ ??

I'm not even sure where to look for this thing quick connect.

The trucks just been sitting in the driveway all week.. the wet spot is still there... but i dont think its still leaking...

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
The quick connect fitting is on the back side of the intake manifold just behind the EGR valve on the passenger side. You don't have to take the intake manifold off to change it but it's easier to do with the manifold out. But if it is the original one, the treads will break off and you will have to clean the broken threads out. The original fittings are made of pot metal and will not last for anything. Most people replace it with a barbed fitting and hose clamp. This is what I did. Make sure that this fitting is not your problem before trying to remove it unless it has already been replaced with a steel fitting. It's a pain to fix.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
intake gasket.. when mine went, i got it back to parking lot at my apartment, went and got a few jugs of watter, and poured is directly in the radiator.... it poured out like an open hole out the side of the block.. i thought it was a freeze plug, but the intake gasket popped on the passenger side....

moral of the story, i am gonna say intake gasket due to horrible design on gm's part

Reaction score
Looked harder. leak is coming off the front (drip forming on the oil pan flange around the crank). I cant tell if its coming out of the water pump weep hole or what. I really cant see a wet trail...