Help, '94 2Dr loosing antifreeze

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J-Dub

Underdog Performance
Reaction score
Alright so a few weeks ago my truck overheated because it had lost coolant. I've been trying to only drive it when I need to and just fill it up. It started to run better for the past week and a half. I came home today only to the smell of hot anti-freeze. Under the truck it is POURING it out. It's coming from the front battery side of the block. Could it be gaskets? Cracked block?? Freeze plug??? or????
I'm pretty sure it's not the pump because its coming from being there?

Help me get back on the road!!
Thanks

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
It could be anything from what your describing, just follow the trail as far back as you can, with the geometry of IFS liquid can flow from one side of the motor and hit the ground on the opposite side.

Your best bet would be to jack your right side up, pull your tire off and the gap cover in there and have a look.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
water pump, hose leaking, are my ideas.

Do you have a block heater? Clamps may be broken as well. Start peeking around in there and see if you can find out where its coming from.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i vote one of the hoses also. possibly the ones going to the heater core? wait this was posted like a month ago...did you already find it? lol

Reaction score
It could be anything.

Basically...

Try following it back and look all over the engine. While its running and not running. You basically have to look for where its leaking...
It probably isnt the headgasket, if it was leaking as badly as you make it sound, your truck would run like absolute ****, if at all (burn white smoke, coolant in the oil). From what I've read about the intake manifolds that might be your best bet.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Mine did that from the intake gasket, it flowed like Niagara falls off my block. Intake gaskets not too bad to do, just pull all the accessory drives off of it if its a vortec. Felpro gasket kit is the best IMO for it because it has EVERYTHING including fuel rail orings with it.