Hello from Oklahoma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highperf4x4

Original Male
Reaction score
Thanks everybody. Sorry for the delay. I get pretty busy sometimes. I'm hoping to pick up more information than I have about these trucks. Can someone tell me why the site is called GMT400?

highperf4x4

Original Male
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen a gmc work truck single headlight grille....its pretty nest looking...cool truck..did you utilize the tbi or carb the 383 .. And how much ponies you got

Sent from my HUAWEI H881C using Tapatalk

I never knew for sure if this was a worktruck model or not. I figured it might be with no radio and the rubber floor mat but there isn't a badge. I know there is a black w/t grille that I've considered replacing mine with.

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/Op...g-Black-Grille-_-OEM-Style-_-80_15121/763183/

I've seen some trucks with that grille and I kind of like the way it looks.

I pulled the TBI and pretty much every sensor or computer controlled function in the truck. The original engine was a 4.3 V6. So, I installed an HEI distributor, a mechanical fuel pump and an Edelbrock carb with the first 355 I installed about 10 years ago. The current 383 is fed by a Holley 670 Street Avenger.

As for the HP, it's close to 450

Last edited:

kiss4afrog

Reaction score
Hello Travis and welcome to GMT400. :welcome:
Looks like you need a good pressure washer if you don't have one already.