Heater mystery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

William Rekow

Reaction score
So, I've been fighting with my blower motor. At this point I have replaced the blower motor, the resistor pack and the high fan relay.
At this point I occasionally get the blower, which is a godsend in this weather... But no high fan. I can hear and feel the relay click, but I get nothing. Position 4 works, but only if you make sure you turn the blower to the off position before shutting the truck off. If it is on, it may or may not come back on when the truck is started next.
I made sure to sand off the paint where the ground pole attaches to the blower motor body. I have also noticed that if the 4wd indicator works, the blower will also work. No 4wd light, no blower.
I also checked the black and red wires behind the glove box. They seem to be fine. I have also checked the blower switch, and I get continuity through it in each position as I should. Ideas are appreciated, all I have is the Haynes manual and it is sorely lacking. There's not even any mention of the high fan relay outside of the wiring plan, and no diagnostic procedures for the relays or pretty much anything.