heater dosent work...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScReeFuS

Reaction score
ok, i have changed the RELAY, then the RESISTER, checked the FAN by pulling it out and jumping it with 12v, and i bought a new a/c control for the dash... still wont blow out anything. all i have got now is a buzz noize when its on high and the max button is pushed... also checked every fuse that has anything to do with the heat or a/c...

anyone have this much problems trying to get there heater working

supjim12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummmmmmm truck info would help a little. When you jumped it how did you jump it? could be a loose connector gunked up blower motor. I would assume a gunked up motor as you are getting a "buzzing" sound and there is something preventing it from turning freely.

Reaction score
Similar problems with mine, I changed the same parts you did. I ended up needing the fan speed selector switch. Got it at autozone--like $12.

Hodges87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check all connections to the blower motor. Then get a test light and unplug the connection to the blower motor, turn the blower on high with the key on and test for power. If you have power going to the blower, the motor is bag or something won't let it spin. Remove and inspect.

ScReeFuS

Reaction score
its a95. was frustrating but figured it out.
i jumped the fan after pulling it out with a jumpbox... showing the fan was good... i found the buzzing.. it was another relay behind the glove box...replaced it... buzzing stopped but still nofan. after going and checking the power to the fan i got power to it... except when i use the ground wire that hooks to fan... tried to trace it back but went into a loom with ALOT of wires... so i unplugged the ground and ran a new ground and i got heat!!

William Rekow

Reaction score
OK, somebody please explain what in the JBFM I am doing wrong...

Replaced
°blower motor
°blower resistor
°blower relay
Tested
°continuity in blower switch (good)
°voltage at fuse pocket for heater system (good)
°fuse (visual and continuity, good)
°no connectors appear burnt

Yet I still have no blower. This is becoming a real ******.

William Rekow

Reaction score
Nope, not delivering power. I am beginning to wonder about that circuit board behind the heater controls... It's like GM was trying to make these trucks unreliable.