Header help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dcsmith1922

Reaction score
I know I'm new here but I Need some help guys. I'm trying to find some headers for my 89 c1500 it's a mildly built 327 with d port angle plug heads. And a 5 speed with external slave cylinder. Any help greatly appreciated.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to find some headers for my 89 c1500 it's a mildly built 327 with d port angle plug heads
I have the G9015 (since I have A.I.R.) with angled plugs aluminum heads in my 88 C1500 auto trans. I had to insulate the back 2 plugs on both sides with DEI boots and wrap to keep the plug wires from melting.

www.summitracing.com/search/make/chevrolet/engine-size/5-3l-327/engine-family/chevy-small-block-gen-i/part-type/headers?fr=part-type&SortBy=BestKeywordMatch&SortOrder=Ascending&keyword=SUM-G901

Dcsmith1922

Reaction score

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But they fit the angle plug heads okay?
Yep, I wouldn't be running them if they didn't :anitoof: . JK

Seriously though, yes they fit. I've been running them for a couple years now. Here's a picture of when I 1st installed them.
You must be registered for see images attach

And then after I melted some wires, especially on the driver's side. The boots were touching the header tubes and needed help with the wrap.
You must be registered for see images attach