Harness questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wally

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully somebody can shed some light for me . My harness , pcm and motor came out of an 03 3500 g series van and it's going into a 95 short bed. I have stripped the harness and have a couple questions
1- can I remove the oil sensor in the oil pan with out effecting anything or throwing a code
2-oil gauge wiring can I strip to the pcm I'm running
My stock gauge
3- can I use the relays in the truck now . I have check both wire diagram and the 95 pcm doesn't tie it into the relay and the 03 pcm pin 39 to ground the relay. Can I doe this with my 95 starter relay and fuel pump?
4-the van came with a 4l80e that I won't be using in favor of a manual and the 80 has two vss sensors can I remove one? And if so which one

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

SierraVortec

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1- yes u can remove the oil pan sensor.
2- what do u mean strip to the pcm?
3-unsure. my ls swapped obs is a 96
4- yes you can remove one, the one on the front is the extra one for the 80e, the output vss is on the transfer case..not sure if youre 2wd or 4x4

wally

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
First thanks for the reply. When I said to the pcm I mean can I delete it. And it's a two wheel drive van and the pick up its going into .

TooTall

Reaction score
Hopefully somebody can shed some light for me . My harness , pcm and motor came out of an 03 3500 g series van and it's going into a 95 short bed. I have stripped the harness and have a couple questions
1- can I remove the oil sensor in the oil pan with out effecting anything or throwing a code
2-oil gauge wiring can I strip to the pcm I'm running
My stock gauge
3- can I use the relays in the truck now . I have check both wire diagram and the 95 pcm doesn't tie it into the relay and the 03 pcm pin 39 to ground the relay. Can I doe this with my 95 starter relay and fuel pump?
4-the van came with a 4l80e that I won't be using in favor of a manual and the 80 has two vss sensors can I remove one? And if so which one

Thanks in advance

1. Yes you can remove it. Yes it will throw a code, but that code as well as any others can be "tuned out," so that it does not report or affect performance
If you removed the sensor, you're left with an open hole in the pan. Weld it up, or just leave the unused sensor in place
2. Yes - but again, it's a safety feature, you're better off keeping it in place and using it
3. Yes, keep the existing relays, and engine harness in the truck. Use the original harness to make all of your dash gauges work. The starter relay does to the solenoid for the starter.
4. Use the rear sensor. The truck will be tuned as if it's always in neutral.