Greetings from North Carolina.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Moore

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Two years ago to the date I bought a 2000 Z71 Tahoe and I just finally agreed to make an account here... it’s been a fun two years since I’ve owned it.... before, my daily driver was a lifted Jeep Rubicon...so going to a Tahoe was like going to a Lincoln town car.. the truck was in fairly good shape... 140k miles. I fully replaced the A/C, recovered the front seats, rebuilt the steering, and countless other small tasks... regardless, just wanted to introduce myself and I’m looking forward to being a part of the forum... - John Moore.

You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum John, nice Tahoe

John Moore

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, guys...

Here goes the most recent photo of it... It's a pretty clean and straight truck... There's only a few of these Z71s around here and unfortunately they're in rough shape... I managed to buy two of them for parts.... A green one and pewter one.... They also made one in Victory Red....though I haven't seen one of those at all...

You must be registered for see images attach

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! You'll see there's tons of us here in NC on the board!

Whereabouts are you located?

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As Brody said there are a lot of us. I am closer to RTP. Welcome to the forum. Lots of really high quality info here. Nice looking Tahoe.

John Moore

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I appreciate it guys...last week I dropped it off to have the front end rebuilt... Ball joints, CV axles, control arm bushings, etc.... anxious to get it back, I’m hoping it will drive like it’s supposed to now. It always feels like I have to constantly drive/correct it... I changed the evo sensor under the dash, it seemed to help some. I know the ball joints were bad, they were popping and making all sorts of sounds... I should get it back this week and I’ll have an update about it.

I’ve had the steering rebuilt on it... idler arm, pitman arm, tie rod ends, steering box, etc. the steering is very tight and responsive on it...it would be perfect if it would consistently track straight without having it wander everywhere.

I’ll put it this way, my ‘04 Lifted Jeep Wrangler runs a straighter line at 70 than my Tahoe does. But...hopefully it will get fixed. Again, I appreciate it guys...I’ll keep y’all up to date.

Go Eagles!